Sandra L. Heavey
Employment & Labor Law
Sandra has practiced employment and labor law for corporate, governmental and nonprofit employers more than 25 years. Her clients have included Fortune 500 companies, small and start-up employers, state and local government, school districts and youth organizations.
As a Partner at Littler Mendelson, a nationwide law firm specializing in employment and labor law, Sandra successfully guided her clients to find resolutions for employee disputes and helped them implement practices to stay out of court. Sandra has also developed and presented training on many topics related to the workplace.
Along with her experience as in-house counsel at Alaska Airlines, Sandra brings years of experience to help employers solve problems.
Sandra's areas of practice include:
- Representation, consultation and advice emphasizing:
- Unfair competition and trade secrets protection
- Employment, severance non-compete, and non-disclosure agreements
- Wage and hour compliance (such as meal and other breaks, overtime, exempt-nonexempt status, temporary employees, independent contractors)
- Alcohol and drug issues
- Employee discipline and termination
- Discrimination and harassment issues
- Workplace accommodations
- Leaves of absence
- Workplace violence
- Employment law litigation and responses to administrative complaints such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Workplace investigations of harassment, discrimination, accommodation, retaliation, and other misconduct
- Employment practices review and compliance
Sandra is a graduate of Stanford Law School and University of Washington (with Baccalaureate Honors). She is a member of the Washington, California and District of Columbia Bar Associations.
"Sandra L. Heavey offers the calm reassuring expertise.... She is a top-notch pro who can be trusted and relied upon to ease workplace trauma and find win-win solutions...."
Former Associate Publisher
"Sandy has been invaluable... helping me walk through the mine field of employee relations. Whenever I have a question related to employment issues I immediately call Sandy.... Sandy is the 'go to' person for all my employment questions."
Northwest Trade Adjustment